Data Privacy Statement
Dear website visitor,
Section 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) The following is to inform you of how we collect and use personal data when you visit our website. Personal data is any data that can be used to identify you personally, e.g., your name, address, email addresses, or user behavior.
(2) Controller for the purposes of Article 4, subsection 7 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Pro familia Landesverband Hamburg e.V.,
represented by its Board of Directors,
Seewartenstraße 10, Hs.1
Phone: 040 - 30 99 749 30
Fax: 040 - 30 99 749 31
Email: email@example.com (see our Legal Notice).
Contact our data protection officer at:
Mrs. Kersten Hartge
(3) If you contact us via email, we will keep a record of the data you provide (your email address, in certain cases your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data collected in this context when its storage is no longer necessary or restrict its processing in cases where statutory retention periods apply.
(4) Below we provide detailed information about the procedures that apply in cases where we employ externally commissioned service providers or wish to use your data for advertising purposes. This includes the pertinent criteria for data storage periods.
(5) In order to prevent unauthorized third-party access, all communication is encrypted via TLS.
Section 2 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
If you visit our website for purely informative purposes, i.e., if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. When you view our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure stability and security (based on Article 6, subsection 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR). The following general data and information is stored in the server’s log files:
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time deviation from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred in each case
- Website the request comes from
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
Your IP address will be stored in a log file for a maximum of 7 days, after which it will be anonymized and permanently deleted after 9 weeks at the latest.
In using these general data and information, we will not draw any conclusions about you personally. The data stored in the server log files is stored separately from all personal data you provide to us.
Section 3 Your rights
You have the following rights regarding the personal data we collect about you:
- The right to information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR in conjunction with Section 34 BDSG (Federal Data Protection Act).
- The right to rectification pursuant to Article 16 GDPR.
- The right to erasure pursuant to Article 17 GDPR in conjunction with Section 35 BDSG.
- The right to restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR.
- The right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 GDPR.#
- The right to complain with an appropriate data protection authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 BDSG. Should you wish to lodge a complaint, you may contact the data protection officer named in Section 1 or the appropriate data protection authority.
- The right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR.
Section 4 Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation, once communicated to us, affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data.
(2) In cases in which the processing of your personal data is based on a weighing of interests, you may lodge an objection to the processing. This is the case in particular where processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, as described in the subsequent description of the individual functions. Should you decide to lodge an objection, we will ask you to state your reasons for objecting to the processing of your personal data as performed by us. In case of a justified objection, we will look into the specific circumstances and either cease to process your data or adjust the data processing, or else give you compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You may inform us of your objection to the promotional use of your data at the below contact details: Pro familia Landesverband Hamburg e.V., Seewartenstraße 10, 20459 Hamburg, phone: 040 - 30 99 749 30, fax: 040 - 30 99 749 31, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 5 Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you significantly. This applies unless the decision is necessary for entering into or performing a contract between us or is authorized by Union or member state law to which we are subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or is based on your explicit consent.
If the decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract or is based on your explicit consent, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at a minimum the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express your point of view, and to contest the decision.
If you wish to assert rights with regard to automated decisions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
As a responsible company, we do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling.
Section 6 Data retention period
Except where the retention period of specific data is explicitly specified in the pertinent sections, we will erase your personal data at the end of the respective statutory retention period or when the purpose for which it was collected no longer exists. At the end of this period, your data will be erased as a matter of routine unless it is required to initiate or perform a contract.
Section 7 Further website functions and offers
(1) In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we offer a number of services that you may use if you wish. As a rule, this will require you to provide additional personal data, which we will use to provide the respective service and which are subject to the aforementioned data processing principles.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned, are bound by our instructions, and are reviewed on a regular basis.
(3) We may also pass on your personal data to third parties in cases where we offer participation in a promotional campaign, contracts, or similar services jointly with a third-party provider. More detailed information on this is provided upon submission of your personal data or at the end of the description of the offer in question.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the implications of this circumstance in the description of the offer in question.
Section 8 External links
Our website contains links to other websites (external links), which are marked as such and are not hosted by our server. The content of these external links was checked when the links were created. However, it cannot be ruled out that the content has since been changed by the respective providers. Should you notice any unlawful content on any of these external sites, please notify us. This data privacy statement only applies to content on our website.
(1) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and allocated to the browser you use and through which the party that sets the cookie (in this case, us) receives specific information. Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make online services more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and respective mode of operation are explained below:
transient cookies (see b)
persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. They include in particular session cookies, which store a so-called session ID through which various requests from your browser can be allocated to a single session. This makes it possible to recognize your computer when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a pre-defined period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies in your browser's security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
Section 10 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos into our website, which are stored at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These videos are embedded in “extended privacy mode”, which means that no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data specified in subsection 2 be transmitted. We have no control over this data transmission.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube is notified that you have accessed the corresponding page on our website. In addition, the data specified in Section 2 of this statement is sent. This takes place regardless of whether or not you have a Google account and are logged into this account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly linked with your account. If you do not want the data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you need to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses it for advertising and market research purposes and/or to tailor its website to user needs. This analysis is performed (even if the user is not logged in) in particular to serve user-tailored advertising and in order to inform other social network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to opt out of the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, you need to contact YouTube.
Section 11 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files placed on your computer, that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on the website, your IP address will be truncated by Google in member states of the European Union and other member countries of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and truncated there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your usage of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services for the website operator that are related to the use of this website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted to Google Analytics by your browser will not be merged with other Google data.
(3) Opting out of data collection: You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. This sets an opt-out cookie that prevents future collection of your data when you visit this website: deactivate Google Analytics.
(4) You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings in your browser software. Please note, however, that if you do this, you may not be able to fully use all features of this website. In addition, you also have the option of preventing the collation of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIP()". As a result, IP addresses are truncated before further processing in order to rule out personal identification. This means that any data that can be traced back to you personally will be deleted immediately.
(6) We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and to regularly improve it. The statistics obtained help us improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. With respect to the exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the U.S., Google has committed to complying with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6, subsection 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR.